A milder than average winter at AO headquarters has been helping to heat up excitement for the 2017 Annual Meeting, to be held March 15 – 18.
For those whose climate may not have been as favorable over the past few months, Orlando especially will provide a wonderful outdoor atmosphere. Indoors during the AO 2017 Annual Meeting, attendees can look forward to an unmatched educational symposium, world-class networking, and numerous opportunities to enhance your annual meeting experience through several complimentary social events. In short, Orlando will have something for everyone.
From Walt Disney World® Resort and Universal Orlando® Resort to SeaWorld® Orlando and Legoland® It is probably no surprise that Orlando is called the “Theme Park Capitol of the World.” However, did you know there is so much more to do and see? Here are five reasons to look forward to your March trip (and to consider bringing your family, too, if you have not already):
1. The Weather: Florida is called the “Sunshine State” for a reason and it’s one of Orlando’s biggest draws. Central Florida is sunny and mild all year and relatively dry through the month of May. Expect temperatures around 78 degrees on the average and plenty of sunshine during your trip!
2. Hit the “links”: Home to more professional golfers in the world, Orlando is considered a “true golfer’s paradise.” Featuring more than 170 golf courses, some designed by the likes of Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio, and Pete Dye, Orlando will provide an exclusive golfer’s experience.
3. Arts and Culture. For those expecting a vibrant local arts scene, Orlando will not disappoint. Many cultural options abound, including the Orlando Museum of Art, the Cornell Fine Arts Museum, Dr. Philips Center for the Performing Arts, the Orlando Ballet and the Orlando Science Center.
4. Ecotourism: Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and natural beauty in the heart of Florida to offset the adrenaline of the theme park scene. Orlando boasts a variety of lush ecosystems, including peaceful paddling through spring-fed lakes, as well as eco-tours, nature trails, airboat and swamp tours.
5. In summary, there is no shortage of things to do in Orlando. For more information about how to take advantage of experiences that are uniquely Orlando and make the most out of your visit, check out www.visitorlando.com, the official source for Orlando travel planning.
Of course, while at the Annual Meeting, be sure to follow AO on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (all @AcademyOsseo) and use the hashtag, #AOOrlando, to stay up-to-date.